Drive Cultural Change & Harness Cutting-Edge Technologies To Put UX At The Heart Of The Organisation: Conversion-Boosting User Experiences & User-Centred Digital Customer Experience Strategies
Prove Your Worth & Win Buy-In To Put Your Users At The Centre Of Research, Design & Digital Customer Experience Strategies With Agile Techniques, Accessible Design & Value-Adding Technology Innovations
A One-Day, Brand-Led Conference & Networking Event, 27th November 2018, Museum of London Docklands, London
08.30 Registration, Coffee & Speed Networking
09.00 GIC Welcome, Interactive Voting Introduction & Morning Chair’s Opening Remarks
Richard Burton | Head of Innovation – Blue Lab | EDF Energy
EDUCATING THE ORGANISATION - Double Perspective
09.15 Effectively Educate Your Organisation On Your Worth & Value Business-Wide To Drive UX Maturity & Impact
- Pragmatically drive UX enthusiasm company-wide, put users at the heart of your organisation for smoother experiences across all channels
- Ensure your hard work doesn’t go amiss: let colleagues know how valuable your function is to boost UX maturity and implement learned practices
- Educate big budget stakeholders on technical UX to drive enthusiasm from the top
- Don’t let your organisation get left behind! Ensure you are teaching the importance of UX to avoid legacy problems down the line
Andy Muddimer | Head of Digital Customer Experience | Santander UK
Claudia Knowles | Digital Content Strategist | Breast Cancer Care
INTEGRATING USER EXPERIENCE INTERNALLY
09.55 Spearhead Your Organisation’s User-Centric Cultural Transformation! Collaborate Internally For Smooth & Consistent User & Digital Customer Experiences
- Learn how to collaborate with traditional job roles brilliantly to ensure your users’ experiences are first-class
- Redesign and integrate the array of teams needed to improve efficiency and create valuable user experience across the board
- Be a part of the UX strategy from the beginning: use your job role to really make a change in the internal structure of your company
Gavin Elliott | Head of Interaction & Service Design | Department For Work & Pensions
10.15 Interactive Q&A Panel: Spearhead Your Organisation’s User-Centric Cultural Transformation! Collaborate Internally For Smooth & Consistent User & Digital Customer Experiences
Ulrich Boulon | Head Of UX & Design | Brittany Ferries
Viola Wontor | User Experience Lead, Digital Solutions & Emerging Technologies | Pfizer UK
Further Panellists To Be Announced, Please Check Website For Updates
10.35 Morning Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
Make connections, put your name on the map! Exchange CVs and network with others to explore new, exciting opportunities industry-wide
11.05 Successfully Implement Agile Working From The Beginning For Increased Efficiency, Without Leaving Quality Behind
- Real-world examples of successful agile implementation, how can you ensure your organisation understands that UX is for long-term strategies?
- Discover how to transform your UX strategies from waterfall into agile working for optimum efficiency
- Make agile work for you: pragmatically ensure your designs don’t suffer at the hands of quick delivery
Richard Beaumont | Head of Digital Design | Direct Line Group
11.25 Prove Your Worth! Capture Senior Stakeholder Attention & Budget With Measurable, Value-Adding User & Digital Customer Experience Strategies To Begin To Actively Shape Your Organisation
- Build a winning UX case: motivate the right people about the potential of outstanding user experiences to achieve increased investment and confidence
- Practical techniques to overcome resistance in senior or traditional teams
- Are traditional performance measures out of date? Think outside the KPI box to accurately determine the true success of your strategies
- Harness data and statistics to prove ROI through conversion rates and repeat purchases for increased investment and enthusiasm
Carl Burton | Head of Product | Co-op Digital
11.45 Bonus Session Reserved For Exclusive Conference Partner | To get involved with The Digital Customer Experience & User Experience Conference please call +44 (0)20 3479 2299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
NEW, CUTTING-EDGE TECHNOLOGIES - Q&A Panel
12.30 Get Ahead Of The Technology Curve: Real-World Applications Of Emerging Technologies Such As VR, AR, Chatbots, Voice Technologies & AI & How They Fit Into & Improve Your Users’ Experiences
- What up-and-coming technology has caught people by surprise and how will this shape the way UX works now and in the future?
- Take advantage of the opportunities arising from AI’s place in your users’ lives and live up to consumer behaviour trends and expectations for optimum designs and exceptional experiences
- Ensure you don’t get lost in the buzz of new tech! Realise where the human touch is needed and where technology just won’t cut it
- How can you prove the worth of new, untried technologies and get the buy-in needed for investment?
Amjad Khan | Director, Digital Solutions & Emerging Technology – Europe | Pfizer UK
Anthony Flack | Head of Digital Delivery, Customer Insight & Needs | Santander UK
James Brindley-Raynes | Global Product Manager Staff Digitisation | HSBC
Ihab Moawad | Director of Digital Products & Platforms | Samsung Europe
13.00 Lunch & Informal Networking For Speakers, Partners & Delegates
13.30 Informal Peer-To-Peer Discussion Zone
Radu Chelariu | Product Design Manager | Paddy Power Betfair
User Testing • Voice Technologies • Mobile-First • Behavioural Trends • Chatbots
Further Discussion Leaders To Be Announced, Please Check Website For Updates
14.00 Afternoon Chair’s Opening Remarks
Jennie Wright | Head Of Digital Technology | KFC UK & Ireland
14.10 Master Your UX Research From The Start: What Are The Best Approaches & Tools Needed To Guarantee An Objective, Insightful Result Which Will Bring Benefits Company-Wide?
- Determine the value of researching well and translate this into numbers which prove its ability to help the company transform
- How can you tackle the demands for lighter, quicker research techniques in line with agile working and still gather full, detailed insights?
- Best-in-class methodologies: how do others actually go about doing effective, objective research?
- What tools are on the market to find information and make your UX research easier and more efficient?
James Barley | Head of UX Research | Auto Trader UK
14.30 Exploring The Challenges & Opportunities Created By The Rise Of Voice Technologies
- Identifying and taking advantage of emerging opportunities as voice-activated technologies become more integrated into day-to-day life (and the potential drawbacks!)
- How will voice interaction change the way content is written and displayed?
- Building the business case to secure investment in voice search technologies
James Poulter | Head of Emerging Platforms & Partnerships | LEGO
14.50 Bonus Session Reserved For Exclusive Conference Partner | To get involved with The Digital Customer Experience & User Experience Conference please call +44 (0)20 3479 2299 or email email@example.com for more details
15.20 UX From A Standing Start - Numicon IWB Software Case Study
Numicon Interactive Whiteboard (IWB) Software is a flexible tool for teaching mathematics in primary schools using simulated physical objects. In developing this service the project team made a concerted effort to improve on past practice and place users at the centre of the design process. The team sought out teachers for user research and usability testing and came to understand the unique requirements that would make for a useful, and delightful, teaching tool.
This session will cover the steps taken by the Numicon IWB Software project team as we moved from a culture of ‘unintentional UX’ to understanding our users and their needs — and how this impacted upon the eventual software design.
Topics: Steps towards UX maturity, determining users’ pain points in existing experiences, usability testing, interactive prototyping, interaction design and information architecture for IWB.
Seb Burge | Head Of UX/UI Design - EdUK | Oxford University Press
15.40 Afternoon Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
DATA & ETHICS
16.10 Do What’s Right By Your Users: Are You Handling Data Sensitively & Designing Ethically?
- How far is too far? Discover where the line is really drawn when it comes to persuasive design to ensure you are treating your customers fairly
- Your users are more than just numbers! Pragmatically handle their personal data in an ethical way which doesn’t overstep the mark
Further Speakers To Be Announced, Please Check Website For Updates
DESIGN IMPACT - Double Perspective
16.30 Get To Grips With Design Thinking To Create Sleek, Simple, Innovative Designs For Excellent Internal & External Experiences Using The Best Tools & Systems On The Market
- Harness new and familiar tools for conversion-boosting designs in difficult areas to expand your reach
- Skilfully determine what your users’ pain points and behavioural patterns are in existing experiences and how you can work to successfully combat these for great service design
- UX is more than just a pretty picture: master design-thinking, design psychology, empathetic design and information architecture for polished user experiences that actually deliver
John Bevan | Head Of Digital | British Heart Foundation
Cassio Camanho | Director, Product & Design | Expedia™ Partner Solutions (EPS)
17.10 Don’t Narrow Your Reach! Secure Buy-In To Harness Tools & Inclusive Design Techniques Which Will Make You Truly Accessible To All
- Embed accessible, inclusive design into your company priorities to avoid missing out on large portions of the market and increase the bottom line
- Discover the plethora of different tools, such as voice technologies, available for accessible experiences which improve your reach
- Test your users’ accessibility needs to create the best design framework for your website
Scott Room | Head of Digital – Enterprise | BT
17.30 Chair’s Closing Remarks & Official Close Of Conference